Your Voice-based Photo Album
Bringing back memories to share with friends and relatives – anywhere at any time
Making Heroes of Grandparents
So many interesting things friends & family did in the past: what were they all?
Moving home & Downsizing
Declutter, save space & money by keeping your treasured documents & photos in the safest place possible
“I must get around to that”
Sort the stress of sorting departed relatives’ pictures, prints, films, negatives & scrapbook documents
How much does it cost?
take a look at our services packages
- 10GB of storage space (enough for 500 very high quality or 5,000 HD quality pictures)
- "what happend then?" find out what else happened on the same day
- 'how to' advice on scanning and storing
- (paid every 3 months)
Photo and Document Scanning
- Track & Trace Courier Collection
- Digitisation of photos, slides, albums & scrapbooks, certificates & documents
- Return of original materials (Track & Trace Courier)
- Safe Storage with secure 24-7 internet account access
- DVD or Flashdrive backup options
- includes Family Vault Service for 1 year
- (minimum of 100 images)
Recovery & Restoration
- Retouching to remove dust marks, scratches & water discolouration
- Adjustments to solve Red Eye (“devil look”)
- Colour enhancement to bring back how you remember the scene
- Photo Editing for picture re-composition & removal of unwanted elements
Prints, Programmes, Legacies & Mementos
- Photo printing for large & small pictures, on paper, canvas, giftware
- Creation of unique family album programmes for events: weddings, anniversaries
- Photo details, album curation & “who is this, when was that” service
- Tea & Tech sessions providing company & reminiscence recording service
News and Information
Latest Articles from the Special2Us Team
Special2Us is a reminiscence service – software used in care homes, by families & friends with a relative who’s affected by loneliness or by relations who are pooling all of their oral history & photographs… It’s not a product easily summed up by single
A selection of the finalists of the 2018 National Photographic Portrait prize. There were 3,224 entries this year and 43 finalists. The exhibition will be at the National Portrait Gallery from 24 March until 17 June, before touring the country.
India is the theme of the Fotofest 2018 Biennial in Houston, Texas. Exhibitions across the city showcase the work of 47 photographers and artists, and address issues ranging from race and racism, gender, education and the environment
Nobody focuses on the housing market crisis in quite the same way real estate photographers do
Paint peels off the living room walls to reveal galaxies of colour and mould. Piles of clothes, receipts and detritus disintegrate under piles of dust, above floors that barely
Do your kids really care who Uncle Des was or when he was married? Do they even want to know what he looked like? Probably not & there lies the problem with family photo albums… among all the interesting “stuff” lie mountains of pictures which mean
(Copyright Maris Rusis)
(Copyright Anatomy Films)
There was a time when a big freeze would bring a company to a grinding halt, especially one involved with photography, printing & developing pictures….
So now… what’s the worst thing that
The Special2Us had a special weekend … interviewing residents in a care home in Berkshire about their favourite memories & what they held dear about the photographs they kept on their bedside tables. Some of the conversation centred around grandchildren, others
How do you feel about pictures being restored… or going even further, pictures being enhanced by adding colour back into black-&-white images of old?
Special2Us hasn’t been trading that long – about 5 years … and of all the restoration projects,
HINDHEAD, England (Reuters) – For 93-year-old Daphne Padfield, a dementia sufferer in an English care home, the arrival of a virtual reality (VR) headset offered a window back to the day in 1953 when Britain crowned its new queen.
We’re really excited… the team of Special2Us remember the “flower power” times of velour wallpaper, orange swirly carpets & Anaglypta ceilings which means that we’re of an age where family photography was created around Instamatics, KodaChrome, Box Brownies